Skip to main content

A love affair with the Devil ❤😈. Do you love the Devil ?

 Hereafter I will not talk much with you. For the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. John 14: 30. Jesus called Satan the prince of this world, the ruler of this world and Jesus said the Devil had nothing in His life. Basically there was nothing in Jesus' life that Satan could claim as his own. Jesus was free of sin and therefore was free from the Devil's control, from the Devil's kingdom. Me and you cannot utter such a statement, for me and you were born in sin, born captive to Satan's kingdom, born a slave.

Sin belongs to Satan! Sin is Satan's product, his art, his merchandise and whoever sin belongs to Satan's kingdom. All of us have sinned and therefore all of us at one point belonged to Satan's kingdom of darkness. But my topic today is not whether you belonged at one time to Satan's kingdom, but do you have a love affair with the Devil 😮? You may say Ric, what type of question is that, I am not a Devil worshipper, I don't practice wicca, voodoo etc.. How could you ask me if I have a love affair with the worse being in the universe, how can i ever love the Devil ? I love Jesus you say. But is it true that you love Jesus or you love the devil ?

Jesus said," no one can serve two masters, you will either serve one or the other, you will either love one or hate the other. " But you say Ric, "I go to church, I pray, I preach, I participate in all types of church activities and these things prove I love God and hate the devil." Friends, while these things are good, they in no way determine if you love God or the Devil.  What determines who you love is based on what you allow in your heart ❤ and how you live.  If you are striving to live a life of holiness, a life that pleases God, then you can say you love God, but if you are living a life of sin, then it is the Devil, the author of sin you love .

Jesus said," If you love me, keep my commandments." If I love Jesus, I will daily ask Him for the power to keep His commandments and do what is right in His sight. But the Devil also come along and say " if you love me, break God's commandments." Your love is determined by the one you obey. All of us were at one point enemies of God and lovers of the Devil because all of us have sinned. But some of us by the grace of God have broken our love affair ❤ with the devil and have come to Jesus to have a loving, obedient relationship with Him. The One you obey is the one you love and to love Christ require me to constantly sacrifice what belonged to the Devil in my heart.

We all have indwelling sin within, evil tendencies that belong to the Devil in our hearts. Some of us have anger, gossip, desire to have sex with people who we are not married to, drunkenness, love of display, pride of life, hatred, murder, lying etc..Each one of us have a different sin we struggle with, a different part of Satan in our hearts because we were once in love with him and when you are in love with someone they become a part of you. Now the Devil is a lover who never wants to quit, once he had you he wants you to be his forever, and will pull all his tricks to bring you back into the love affair with him . The key is to resist him by the power of God. 

Let's make it practical. God says " if you love me, don't have sex with people who are not your spouse." The devil says "if you love me ❤ break God's law and have sex with whoever you want, your boyfriend, girlfriend, same sex etc.." Now let's say I am a Christian, I have a girlfriend whom I love a lot and plan to marry, I go and have sex with her. Am I obeying God or Satan, am I loving God or Satan, do I belong in the kingdom of God or Satan's kingdom 🤔? If I have sex with my girlfriend, I show by my action I love Satan and hate God. I show by my action that Satan is my master. The way you think and live reveal who you love .


Loving God will require me to make sacrifice. I must kill whatever Satan has in my life and it is a painful process. If I loved the music of the world, the drinks, money , sexual sins ,anger ,pride etc..I must ask God daily to put these things to death in my life so when the Devil come calling me with sweet temptations I will not go back to my love affair with him.  To love God require me to be in constant conversation with God ( prayer) so I will have the power to resist Satan's seduction. To love God requires me to turn my back on Satan's sin products and to turn towards Christ in His righteousness. 


Many people claim to love Jesus, claim to be on their way to the kingdom of God, but in reality are in a love affair with Satan ❤. All who love sin, who cling to sin, who makes excuses for sin, who call sins mistakes as if it is something light are demonstrating that they love Satan and are submitting to him like a wife should submit to her husband. To love sin is to love Satan, to commit sin is to love Satan and as lovers of Satan unless we repent he will take us to eternal ruin with him. Let us break our love affair with Satan by turning to Jesus and He will lead us to eternal life. Ask the Lord to remove everything in our lives that belong to Satan so that eventually the " prince of this world will come and find nothing in us."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The idolatry of marriage: a recipe for disaster

 People are suffering, loneliness is rampant in the land. Many people in the world look to marriage as a savior, an institution that will rescue them from their loneliness. They think finally i will have someone I can call mine, someone who will love me with all their hearts until death do us apart 🤗. But the increasing divorce rates tell a different story. A story of marriage being difficult, a story of many married people being miserable , lonely , bitter and see divorce as a viable option to escape the misery they find themselves in. A story of many preferring to live together instead of getting married.  Marriage has become a scary thing in the land. Marriage for many has become synonymous with losing half your wealth and your children. But why has marriage become so destructive to many ? Why has something as beautiful as marriage become such a terror to many 🤔? It is because marriage has become an idol to many. Marriage has become a god to many in the church and in the world. Sa

The difficulties of love

 Love is a beautiful thing. Love makes life worth living. Love is best thing in the universe because God is love 😍. We all want love, we all want to be loved and many of us want someone to love. Love is very precious indeed. We sing about love, we write about it and we make movies about it. And yet love is the most difficult thing to find in this earth. It is easier to find diamonds and gold than to find true love. Easier maybe to find the lost city of Atlantis than to find genuine love. Many people have simply given up on love. They see the idea of loving and having someone to love them as fables for unwise and inexperienced children. Love is rare indeed. Why is it so hard to love or find love 🤔? The easiest answer is because we are imperfect. Being imperfect means we are broken, unable to perform the function we were made to do. Come with me on a journey of the difficulties of love. Imagine you meet someone, a man, a woman, the " love of your life." The woman is beautiful

What do you bring to the table ?

 Man and woman are both made in the image of God.  Man and woman are both valuable and equal in worth but are not the same.I repeat, man and woman are not the same. There is an attempt in our culture to make man and woman the same, it's nothing but a Satanic assault to destroy the beauty of God's creation . Man and woman are different for a reason. Each reveal different qualities of the Godhead. When a man and woman come together in the way of God, real beauty will be revealed. Man and woman offer different things in a relationship. What do you bring to the table 🤔?  Is the question many are asking when it comes to choosing a spouse . According to the Bible the man is to provide for the woman and the woman is to be a help meet to the man. A help meet is a perfect match for someone. The woman is to match her husband,  completing him, making him stronger, being strong where he is weak . The man is supposed to provide financially, security,  stability. The man is to provid

Blogger

Blogger
Study

Modern Man

Modern Man
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:6